Improving accountability and strengthening the audit function are essential for continued financial stability, transparency and improved service delivery in an organization and the entire country. A well developed and efficiently managed internal audit system will provide the necessary checks and controls and spotlight any significant deviations that need attention.
- To enable participants to design an internal audit system based on practical methodologies and procedures
- To understand the need for accountability in both public and private sector organizations
- To equip participants with the necessary skills to plan and carryout internal audit examination
- To help participants to review the internal audit system and strengthen the various processes
- To enable participants appreciate and develop the audit committee charter for Board of Directors
- Be able to carry out audit risk analysis and other risk related assessment