To protect public interest, ensure accountability and win stakeholder confidence. Auditing of public enterprises need to go beyond financial and statutory compliance to cover areas related to efficiency, economy, and effectiveness in a state owned corporation. This course will equip auditors with insights on how to critically examine the processes and structures implemented by the board to inform, direct, manage and monitor the organization towards the achievement of its objectives.
At the end of this training participants should be able to;
- Study and evaluate accounting systems and internal controls procedures
- Extend the audit beyond financial and regulatory compliance to cover issues of efficiency, effectiveness and economy in the organization
- Critically examine management’s decisions in sales, purchases and contacts
- Carry out such other tests, enquiries and other verification procedures of accounting transactions and account balances as considered appropriate
- Compare the financial statements with the underlying accounting records and other data sources.